WordPress Web Designer Test Project
We are excited to learn more about you during this Test Project process!
Please read all of the information that’s outlined below.
We look forward to your submission!
WordPress Web Designer: Test Project
Challenge #1: Create A Video
- Record a 3-minute or less video and upload to YouTube
- In your video answer the following questions:
- Why do you feel that Carrot is an amazing fit for you?
- Tell us about a failure and how you grew from it?
- What type of work gives you the most energy?
- What type of work takes away your energy?
- Title the video “Why I Want To Work For Carrot! – [your name]”
- Add this video to the “About” page on your demo site.
Challenge #2: Show Us What You’ve Got!
You’re working with Brandon, a high-level investor who has purchased the Concierge Setup. His primary market is Portland, Oregon and he wants to use his new Carrot site to attract motivated sellers in Portland and the surrounding areas. His business name is PDX Property Solutions.
During the kick-off call, Brandon lets you know that he really wants to focus on building credibility and wants his site to be fully optimized for SEO performance. He lets you know a few of his preferences & asks for some deliverables:
- Custom logo
- Wants his headshot/team photo incorporated into the Home page
- Wants the site to have a very local feel throughout
- Loves a clean, modern-looking site
- Loves the color green
Using your Carrot demo site, launch a Motivated Seller template (already pre-optimized for the keywords “sell my house fast” and “we buy houses”), and spend 1-2 hours of your time to redesign the home page and bring Brandon’s vision to life!
A few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t worry about all the pages on the template, just focus on the home page.
- Please document the assumptions and/or decisions that you make along the way and include them in the submission email.
You will receive an email that gives you access to a demo account on the Carrot platform. Your username is your firstnamelastname (example: dannigraham). You can revisit that account as often as necessary during this test project by going to carrot.com/account.
Challenge #3: Send Us Your Life List
Your life list should include things that you would like to do during your lifetime. It can include things you’d like to accomplish, places you’d like to visit, experiences you’d like to have, etc.
Create a new page on your Carrot demo site and include your life list there. Make sure your life list is accessible from the Main Menu.
Please complete the deliverables outlined above and email your demo site link to email@example.com by 9am PST on Friday, December 11th.
Thank you! We are excited to see your work!
Carrot (carrot.com) is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps real estate investors and agents generate leads online so they can close more deals and have more time for the things that matter in life. Click here to learn more about the Carrot team, who we serve, and our mission.
The Carrot platform has a set of core features that are the key to member success:
- Lead capture through high converting web sites
- Tools and resources that result in high SEO ranking
- Online authority building through superior content creation
- Technology and automation that optimize the above on behalf of our members