Director of Demand Generation & Marketing
Phase 1 Assessment
We are excited to learn more about you during this assessment process!
Please read all of the information that’s outlined below.
We look forward to your submission!
Carrot (carrot.com) is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps real estate investors and agents generate leads online so they can close more deals and have more time for the things that matter in life. Click here to learn more about the Carrot team, who we serve, and our mission.
The Carrot platform has a set of core features that are the key to member success:
- Lead capture through high converting web sites
- Tools and resources that result in high SEO ranking
- Online authority building through superior content creation
- Technology and automation that optimize the above on behalf of our members
Time Commitment: Don’t invest more than 30-60 minutes toward this! We don’t want this to be a big commitment, but it will give us some really great insight into the way you work and the ideas you have.
Challenge #1: Work Product
We’d love to see what you’ve got and your skills around driving demand and leads! Please send us 1-2 examples of successful front-to-end campaigns/funnels you’ve created. Here’s some criteria:
- We focus on content marketing that educates, then create compelling lead magnets that add value and build desire/demand for our product. Show me your best example of how you’ve turned content into demand and leads for a product that created long-term consistent lead flow and ROI (link up or show the content pieces, landing page, and any stats to reflect the campaign and results).
- If you also used any paid ads to drive traffic to the campaign, give examples of any ads that you were a part of creating that worked well. If you didn’t use paid ads, no biggie! The more context we can have the better.
Challenge #2: How You Lead & Create Alignment
We’d love to see how you organize your thoughts, your go-to-market plan, and create alignment around it with your team and company stakeholders. If you were to come into Carrot and create the demand gen. plan to help Carrot reach our goals in 2021, show me an example of how you’d structure and present the plan in a useful way that creates clarity and buy-in. You don’t need to type up a big lengthy reply, just include your responses to the questions below and any supporting links or videos walking through what you’ve used in the past. Here are some ideas:
- Do you have a template or process you’ve used successfully that is plug and play that you would bring into Carrot for planning and/or communicating and creating alignment around the marketing plan (i.e. – Slide decks you’ve used in the past for this? Playbooks, etc.)
- How would you plan on creating alignment with Sales, Product, and other teams to ensure demand gen. is working in lock step with those parts of the team?
Challenge #3: Identify Carrot.com Marketing Opportunities
From what you can see & find publicly if you had to list out the top 3 priorities you’d focus on to increase awareness for Carrot in the real estate agent market and increase qualified lead flow over the next 180 days, what would you advocate for? Are there gaps in our content strategy? Weaknesses or opportunities in our lead magnets? Feel free to critique specific things about our marketing, show examples from other companies that you’d want to emulate with a specific strategy, etc. Here’s some additional context:
- Currently, 90% of our sales are self-serve orders that don’t involve a salesperson.
- Over 50% of sales are from our organic inbound content.
- 25% of orders are from affiliates/joint venture partners.
- 10% from paid marketing.
- The rest from general goodwill and referrals from happy customers.
Deadline: Please email your deliverables to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org within 72 hours.
Feel free to be as short or long as you need to be – we don’t care about the format you present it in. We understand this putting together this information might not be a quick process, so we appreciate you in advance for investing the time into it. Hopefully, this process will be as valuable for you as it will be for us to learn more about the way you think. I’m excited to see what you’ve got! Feel free to reach out via email with any questions!
CEO of Carrot