Product Manager (Websites) Interview – Phase 3
We are excited to learn more about your skillset during this final phase of the interview process!
Please read all of the information that’s outlined below.
We look forward to your presentation!
Carrot (carrot.com) is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps real estate investors and agents generate leads online so they can close more deals and have more time for the things that matter in life. Click here to learn more about the Carrot team, who we serve, and our mission.
Our vision is to inspire and empower real estate professionals to gain true freedom and make a greater impact with their businesses.
Our Core Values
Be a Beacon of Positivity & Possibility
Have Fun & Be Different
Take Initiative & Show You Care
Craft Amazing Experiences
Adapt, Evolve, & Always Improve
Add Humanity To Business
The Carrot platform has a set of core features that are the key to member success:
- Lead capture through high converting web sites
- Tools and resources that result in high SEO ranking
- Online authority building through superior content creation
- Technology and automation that optimize the above on behalf of our members
Product Manager Project Overview
For this phase of the interview we’d like you to put together a short presentation that:
- You can use to showcase your talents to a group of Carrot team members
- Give the team a chance to get to know you better
- Let you get hands on with one of our existing features and talk to how you would improve it
This presentation can be in any format but a slide deck or similar will be the most straightforward and concise way to share and speak to the themes outlined here.
Theme #1 (10 minutes):
- Tell us about yourself! Give the group a chance to get to know you a bit personally.
- Show the team a few highlights from your work to date and talk about some of your wins and challenges.
- Describe your role, products you built and how those impacted your company and your customers.
Theme #2 (20 minutes):
- Give the team a brief assessment of the WordPress content editor and how you would propose improving it. You can visit the editor by modifying any Page or Post content on the provided test site.
Site navigation example:
- Additionally, provide your feedback on the Motivated Seller site template by looking holistically at all of the content within the provided test site. Knowing some of the strengths and weaknesses of WordPress, come up with a short list of ways you would improve this site. You can read more about the overall intent of this site type here.
- Some considerations when making your presentation:
- What process would you follow to validate your proposals and associated assumptions?
- What resources would you enlist to build it?
- How would you measure the success of this feature once it had been launched?
- What long-term goals or outcomes would you attach to your proposal?
You can log into the following test Carrot account:
- Username: pmdemoaccount
- Password: 9zPdnFWkA5ZG
And use it to visit the associated site content (feel free to check out other features and get a more complete view of our platform 😊)
We’ll have you share your presentation with the team during our third and final interview together! To give you enough time to prepare, we’ll make sure to schedule the interview about a week from when you receive these test project details.
Here’s how that final interview will shake out:
Part 1: Candidate (that’s you 🙂) presentation (30 minutes total – leave time for Q+A!)
Part 2: Focused interview with a collection of ~4 Carrot team members (30 minutes each). Team questions will dig deeper into your experience and related skills + accomplishments.
Please read out to Danni or Geoff with any questions － thank you!