WordPress Web Designer – Hiring Now!
Remote • Full-time • WordPress • HTML • CSS
Carrot is looking to hire a full-time WordPress Web Designer!
Carrot is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps small businesses, in particular, real estate investors and high performing real estate agents, cut through the clutter online to grow leads and revenue with our lead gen and content marketing tools. That’s what we do… that’s what we challenge ourselves to be the best in the world at. But our “why” is what truly excites us every single day we show up to work.
“To Add Humanity To Business and Help People Regain Time In Their Lives For The Things That Matter.“
Learn more about what we do @ Carrot.com →
More About The WordPress Web Designer Role
A large competitive advantage of Carrot is the ability to create powerful sites that generate results for our members. The WordPress Web Designer role joins our Services team to craft compelling and creative website solutions, and contribute to web design innovation company-wide.
The Customer Services Team is one of the main driving forces behind helping our customers achieve success with Carrot. We exist to help make our customer’s lives easier and to provide excellent end-results whenever a customer interacts with the Carrot Marketplace! As a team, we pride ourselves on the collaborative work environment that we’ve created. We genuinely enjoy the work that we do on a daily basis and we love the people that we work with! On this team, we value each other greatly and aim to support each other in everything that we do.
We strive to never compromise on the quality of work that we produce and we’re always looking for ways to provide our member’s with a “wow” experience.
If that sounds like a team you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you!
You might be a match if…
- You have extensive experience with WordPress (3+ years).
- You have experience with the WordPress visual editor (Gutenberg).
- You enjoy working on a team to support web design clients.
- You are skilled in understanding, empathizing, and adapting the needs of the customer into their website.
- You have a strong understanding of SEO fundamentals and building SEO performant web pages.
- You have a creative mindset with unique and interesting ideas for projects or web page layouts.
- You have a working knowledge of front-end web development including HTML and CSS.
- You have experience collaborating in web/graphic design software like Figma.
- You’re comfortable using various communications software — Slack, Intercom, Email.
- You have experience working on sites designed to convert visitors into leads.
Goals & Responsibilities
- Perform design-related website build tasks for Concierge-level services
- Effectively collaborate with clients/team, discuss project requirements, create an execution plan.
- Design unique site prototypes & build-outs for Concierge website projects.
- Proactively drive innovation on Concierge sites with upcoming technologies & features.
- Improve usability and enhance the look and feel of Carrot websites.
- Work in collaboration with the Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot innovations and new site designs.
- Complete 100% of all design-related tasks on time.
- Show and document creativity and innovation when working on Concierge sites.
- Continually improve processes related to innovation and implementation of Services products.
- Assist other teams with design related tasks as needed.
Learn More About
Carrot & Our Mission
Working At Carrot
Our Members Come First 🏆
We love helping our members generate leads and close deals. Making an impact on their lives fires us up. We share customer success stories daily.
We Love Innovation 📈
We love being on the cutting edge of technology and performance. If it helps our members generate leads we want to test and deploy it.
Leave A Legacy ♥️
We take our brand VERY SERIOUSLY. You will see orange everything when you join Carrot. We are passionate about positively affecting our communities.
We Love To Have Fun 🥕
Our culture is laid back and fun. We are a group of like-minded individuals all trying to achieve a common goal.
Who You’ll Be Working With
Customer Services Team Lead
Design & Technical Integrator
Customer Services Coordinator
Customer Services Coordinator
The Serious Stuff
This position will pay a very competitive salary and bonuses along with other attractive benefits:
- Paid vacation time.
- Paid holidays.
- $500 per year to contribute toward a charity you’re passionate about.
- Growth Perks:
- Free Books: Reading a book to help you grow in your life? Awesome, we’ll buy it for you!
- Courses & Seminars: If you find resources that will help you improve your skills in life/business, we’ll cover all or part of the cost.
- Gym Stipend: Physical fitness is a big deal, so we’ll pick up the tab of your monthly gym membership up to $60/month.
- Performance Bonuses: From time to time when the team crushes it, we all get rewarded. These aren’t scheduled bonuses, but we find that our team members are surprised by these perks.
- Medical & dental coverage: 75% paid for.
- 401k Plan
- The chance to learn things in a way you’d never be able to learn in a large organization.
Ready To Take The First Step?
- Update your resume
- Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Why do you think you’re an awesome WordPress Web Designer? Give specific and quantifiable examples of past achievements and/or accolades.
- Do you have at least 2 years of experience using WordPress?
- Do you LOVE using the new WordPress Gutenberg editor?
- Do you enjoy working with clients directly? Or do you prefer to put your head down and work within your tools?
- Does the idea of diving into a client’s needs via video call excite you?
- Do you currently include SEO audits and page speed tests in your workflow for new content creation?
- Do you have experience with web design tools like Figma or Sketch?
- Do you enjoy working with checklists & following processes?
- What’s one of the toughest challenges that you’ve overcome? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last 3 books that you’ve read?
Get your resume ready and click the “Apply Now” button below to get started!