Staff Engineer – Hiring Now!
Remote • Full-time • Innovation • Technical Vision
Carrot is looking to hire a full-time Staff Software Engineer!
Carrot is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps small businesses, in particular, real estate investors and high performing real estate agents, cut through the clutter online to grow leads and revenue with our lead gen and content marketing tools. That’s what we do… that’s what we challenge ourselves to be the best in the world at. But our “why” is what truly excites us every single day we show up to work.
“To Add Humanity To Business and Help People Regain Time In Their Lives For The Things That Matter.“
Learn more about what we do @ Carrot.com →
More About The Staff Engineer Role
As a Staff Engineer at Carrot, your mission is to collaborate with product and design teams to build innovative solutions for our customers. You will work in a collaborative coding environment where you will perform thoughtful code reviews and mentor engineers on a daily basis. This role is responsible for full-stack development, architecture, security, and the ongoing technical vision for Carrot.
You might be a match if you…
- Have strong analytical skills.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Have 5+ years of experience building and mentoring engineering teams.
- Have a strong work ethic, excellent written and oral communication skills, a track record of strong follow-through.
- You’re enthusiastic, energetic, and love making a positive impact on people’s lives.
- Have 2+ years of leadership experience.
Goals & Responsibilities
Culture: Bring energy, fun, and positivity to your teammates’ lives every day!
Project Management: Effectively collaborate with the product and design team to build a technical plan and roadmap for our new platform and Lead Nurture system.
- Transform business strategy into a plan of action.
- Provide visibility into timelines.
- Accurately estimate work and manage the delivery.
Technology: Release a new innovative platform for lead management within your first 90 days.
- Perform DevSecOps on AWS
- Maintain 80% unit test code coverage.
- Build and maintain the CI/CD pipelines.
- Teach and maintain coding standards and best practices.
Learn More About
Carrot & Our Mission
Working At Carrot
Our Members Come First 🏆
We love helping our members generate leads and close deals. Making an impact on their lives fires us up. We share customer success stories daily.
We Love Innovation 📈
We love being on the cutting edge of technology and performance. If it helps our members generate leads we want to test and deploy it.
Leave A Legacy ♥️
We take our brand VERY SERIOUSLY. You will see orange everything when you join Carrot. We are passionate about positively affecting our communities.
We Love To Have Fun 🥕
Our culture is laid back and fun. We are a group of like-minded individuals all trying to achieve a common goal.
Who You’ll Be Working With
As an Engineering team, we strive to do work we love with people we care about, solve problems for our customers creatively and efficiently, and support other teams with data and automation. We produce high-quality software and the dankest of memes.
Co-Founder & CTO
Director of Engineering
The Serious Stuff
This position will pay a very competitive salary and bonuses along with other attractive benefits:
- Paid vacation time.
- Paid holidays.
- $500 per year to contribute toward a charity you’re passionate about.
- Growth Perks:
- Free Books: Reading a book to help you grow in your life? Awesome, we’ll buy it for you!
- Courses & Seminars: If you find resources that will help you improve your skills in life/business, we’ll cover all or part of the cost.
- Gym/Home Workout Equipment Stipend: Physical & mental health is a big deal, so we’ll pick up the tab of your monthly gym membership or help you set up your home gym (up to $60/month).
- Performance Bonuses: From time to time when the team crushes it, we all get rewarded. These aren’t scheduled bonuses, but we find that our team members are pleasantly surprised by these!
- Medical & dental coverage: 75% paid for.
- 401k Plan + 3% contribution from Carrot
- The chance to learn things in a way you’d never be able to learn in a large organization!
Ready To Take The First Step?
- Update your resume
- Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a minimum of 10 years of programming experience?
- Do you have experience with Amazon Web Services?
- Provide a brief summary of your experience in Amazon Web Services.
Get your resume ready and click the “Apply Now” button below to get started.