Director of Engineering — Hiring Now
Join us as we take on this next phase of growth!
Remote • PHP • React • Rails • Kubernetes
Carrot is a fast-growing SaaS company that helps real estate investors and high performing real estate agents cut through the clutter online to grow leads and revenue with our lead gen and content marketing tools. We challenge ourselves to be the best in the world at it… But our “why” is what truly excites us every single day we show up to work:
“To Add Humanity To Business and Help People Regain Time In Their Lives For The Things That Matter.“
Learn more about what we do @ Carrot.com →
More About The Director of Engineering Role
Carrot has established itself in their industry, and we’re looking ahead at our next season of growth. We’re bringing in a leader who has built an engineering team through a company growth period of $10M → 20M ARR and beyond.
You will serve as a strong technical lead for the team, and be in charge of helping us grow the Carrot engineering team from a handful of amazing developers to a long term healthy organization that supports the growth of both the product and our team members!
This role will lead software delivery and reliability at Carrot. It’ll include hiring and training new team members, managing tech projects and preparing the budget of the team.
You might be a match if you have…
- Experience as a director of engineering or similar senior-level position
- Led a team at a company and helped it grow to over $20M ARR
- Managed teams ranging in size from 5 to 25
- Led a team using agile methodologies
- Experience with cloud technologies related to scaling SaaS
- Managed roadmaps and timelines
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
Goals & Responsibilities
- Oversee development teams and their projects
- Supervise systems/infrastructure to ensure functionality, security, and efficiency
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Monitor and contribute to the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire team members and coordinate their training
- Manage direct reports process, scorecards, and career development
- Help departments use technology profitably (add efficiencies, save time, save money)
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Continue to evolve software development process to align w/ industry best practices
- Embrace technical innovation and apply it to the Carrot platform
Learn More About Carrot & Our Mission
Working At Carrot
Our Members Come First 🏆
We love helping our members generate leads and close deals. Making an impact on their lives fires us up. We share customer success stories daily.
We Love Innovation 📈
We love being on the cutting edge of technology and performance. If it helps our members generate leads we want to test and deploy it.
Leave A Legacy ♥️
We take our brand VERY SERIOUSLY. You will see orange everything when you join Carrot. We are passionate about positively affecting our communities.
We Love To Have Fun 🥕
Our culture is laid back and fun. We are a group of like-minded individuals all trying to achieve a common goal.
Who You’ll Be Working With
Co-Founder & CTO
The Serious Stuff
This position will pay a very competitive salary and bonuses along with other attractive benefits:
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid holidays
- $500 per year to contribute toward a charity you’re passionate about
- Growth Perks:
- Free Books: Reading a book to help you grow in your life? Awesome, we’ll buy them for you
- Courses / Seminars: If you find resources that will help you improve your skills in life/business… we’ll pay for all or part of them
- Fitness Stipend: Physical fitness is a big deal… so we’ll pick up the tab of your monthly gym membership up to $60/mo.
- Performance Bonuses: From time to time when the team crushes it… we all get rewarded. These aren’t scheduled bonuses, but we find that our team members are surprised by these perks
- Health insurance 75% paid for.
- 401k Plan
- The chance to learn in a fast-paced environment things that you’d never be able to learn in a large organization.
Ready To Take The First Step?
- Update your resume
- Get prepped for these questions:
- We’re specifically looking for someone who has built and run amazing teams. Please tell us about how you been a part of a SAAS company’s growth from $10M→$20M ARR? Or, do you have other experience at a company of this size that you think is applicable?
- Taking the scenario from the question above, how would you organize a team for growth of this type?
- What’s one of the toughest challenges that you’ve overcome? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
- Explain what you’re doing now for a job. (If you don’t have one, explain why. )
- If you currently have a job, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
- Take your completed items above and click below to get started: